Do the writers know there are only six episodes left?
I don’t think I can muster the enthusiasm to write whole paragraphs about this show any more. As predicted, none of the major players in the Fellowship of Expendable Characters bit the dust. And Dany continues to illustrate why she’s the last person who should sit on the Iron Throne. Other thoughts:
- Knowing that the Dorne plot goes absolutely nowhere is going to make reading those sections of the next book (which we’re never getting) really painful.
- Well I guess The Wall is pretty useless, seeing as how Dany’s recklessness gave the Night King a freaking dragon, which, you know can fly.
- Speaking of which – was there ever any doubt that Jon was going to survive those seemingly insurmountable odds against the Night King’s army? He’s fire. Dany’s ice. They’re basically the show’s end game.
- Continuing on that note, the show’s increasing reliance on deus ex machina is draining the suspense from what should be tense moments. But as the cast gets leaner, they really can’t afford to lose people.
- Sansa sent Brienne away to plant a trap for Littlefinger, right? I mean, dude is up against a trained assassin, a Three-Eyed Raven and, um, Sansa. He’s going to lose.
- I am enjoying The Hound’s redemption arc and am cautiously optimistic that Jaime will continue to not be stupid.